Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Photoshoots

Hey everyone! Yesterday I had such a blast doing a dance photoshoot and wanted to share some pics with you! But first, I would like to highly recommend getting a dance photoshoot done to increase and enhance your dance portfolio. Not only can you get some stunning photos of yourself, but if you're serious about auditioning and getting in the dancing/entertainment world, these are pictures that you can show directors to 'wow' them!
1) How do I find a photographer
~ It's a lot easier than you think. The wonders of the internet will lead you right towards the answer. There are lots of aspiring photographers on Instagram who would probably be happy to experiment with dance pictures! Just DM and make sure to ask smart questions about dates, pricing, etc.. If a photographer wants money first, I would avoid them... This is a common approach for scams.
2) What do I wear?
~ You will most likely have some freedom to choose what outfits you wear, so make sure you pick nice, moveable clothes. You want clothes that show off your body, but not ones that will prohibit your flexibility in any way. Remember, you are showing off your talent!
3) Do I really need to warm up?
~ YES! Sometimes, we get caught up in making sure our hair and makeup looks good, that we forget about one little (actually huge) aspect of dancing, which is the warmup. Find time to do a mix of passive and dynamic stretches, or even a ballet barre to really open up your hip sockets and to get your blood flowing. Warm up your ankles for jumps and make sure you are ready to showcase that flexibility. Without proper warmup, it is easy to tear and pull your muscles, and nobody wants that.
4) What if I run out of pose ideas?
~ With the outfits, you will also have some freedom about poses. If you are extremely flexible, show that off with some cool needles or tilts. If you are a great jumper, whack out a firebird or a grand jeté. But some of the most magical photos comes from just exploring your surroundings! Be spontaneous and don't overthink things. Something that may seem crazy may turn out to be your dream shot! Just make sure you are always safe. But feel free to step a little outside your comfort zone. At my photoshoot yesterday, I was hanging in a tree, just wrapping my legs around some branches and got some very uniquely awesome lines and angles.
**Remember that you do not need to go crazy with photoshoots. Sometimes simple is better! Just a simple arabesque with the right surroundings, lighting, arm positions, and angle can turn into something enchanting! Like I said, just explore!**
5) Also remember to bring lots of water and snacks to keep your muscles energized!

Now; here are some photos that were taken of me yesterday! I hope you all enjoy! And if you have any questions or comments, I'm just a message away! XOXO❤️






2 comments:

  1. Great pics (and tips)! I love the one with your reflection in the water.

    ReplyDelete