Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Classes

Hi lovelies! Hope everyone is having an amazing week so far! 
So today's blog is going to be about classes and trying your hardest. Every time that you walk through your studio door, you should be ready to give class 150%! Class is the place where you can really learn and improve. Teachers can tell you over and over again what you need to do to improve, but only YOU can make those things happen, only YOU can improve yourself. You should never half a** class, it is so beneficial and even professionals have to take them to keep up with their technique. Even though class may be extremely hard, you have to try! Remember, that good things never come from within your comfort zone. You may be in pain during class, but if you're trying your best, then the next class will be easier, then the next will be even easier, and soon enough, you will be able to notice the huge improvement you have made. You may not always see the improvement, but I promise you that it is there! Class is about learning and about helping you grow there as a dancer. If you are truly serious about dance, then act it and give it your all. If you fall out of a turn, then so be it, it is all a learning process. Just realize the privilege you have of being able to take classes and do what you love, because not everyone has that option... Be sure to make the absolute most out of it :)



Me a few months ago to me last night! Improvement DOES happen!
It may (and will) take hard work, but it will happen! 


Keep Calm and Dance On!
XOXO❤️




3 comments:

  1. Great post Jaimi. So true to all of it!
    ~Poodle
    www.omgshesarealballerina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration Jaimi! I'm going to be starting contemporary dance next term (we have four terms in New Zealand each about 10 weeks long, we are 7 weeks along this term) and I will definitely be coming back to this post for inspiration because this is amazing!
    Do you or have you done contemporary?
    I'm really looking forward to some new post, I know this is only your second post but I am loving your blog already!
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catherine! Sorry I am just seeing this! That is so awesome and I am so happy you are enjoying my blog, it means a lot! I have done contemporary, I really like it a lot... I don't do it that often, but I'm very familiar with it :)
      Let me know how you like it!! Xoxoxo

      Delete